Connections are how CloudZero manages the various Cost Sources that bring Billing, Resource, and other types of data into the platform.
The CloudZero New Relic connection leverages the New Relic Query Language to pull your New Relic consumption data and combine it with New Relic rate information provided by you to calculate your New Relic spend. The connection will pull as many accounts as the New Relic API key has access to query. To pull all New Relic consumption data you will need to provide an API key associated with your New Relic parent account.
This can be found by selecting the gear icon from the sidebar and selecting Connections, or alternatively going to https://app.cloudzero.com/organization/connections
Select the Add New Connection button. Then select the New Relic tile.
Note: How to find information about your New Relic account
Some of the following metadata can be found in the Administration > Plan & Usage > Plan summary page of the New Relic app
- Connection Name: A connection name that will appear in the CloudZero UI
- Billing Account ID: Your New Relic parent account ID
- New Relic Account Region: the region your New Relic account uses (US or EU)
- API Key: a New Relic User API Key
To create this key navigate to the Administration > API Keys page
Hit the Create a key button and proceed to create a User API key
Note: API Key Account Access
The connection will pull data for all accounts available to the API key. If you would like to include data from all accounts please use an API key associated with your New Relic parent account.
Note: How to find New Relic rate information
Your rate information can be found in the Administration > Plan & Usage > Plan summary page of the New Relic app
- Subscription Term Start Date: The date you signed your contract with New Relic
- Data: The price you pay per GB of data ingested into New Relic
- Basic Users: The price you pay per Basic User (likely $0)
- Core Users: The price you pay per Core User
- Full Platform Users: The price you pay per Full Platform User
- Additional Synthetic Checks: The price you pay per Synthetic Check
Note: Tiered Pricing
Some New Relic pricing agreements can include rates that change depending on usage. If the amount you pay for Data, Basic Users, Core Users, Full Platform Users, or Additional Synthetic Checks changes based on your usage, please click the Add Tier button for the relevant fields and provide that information. Do not account for free usage with tiers. (e.g. first 100 GB per month is free)
Note: Recent Contract Changes
If your agreement with New Relic recently changed and you'd like to properly calculate old consumption data with your old agreement, please contact your CloudZero support representative.
Select the Save button. You will be redirected back to the Connection Details page in the CloudZero platform, where you should see your newly created New Relic connection.
- Newly Created Connection: The ingest process will try to grab the last 12 months worth of billing periods
- Re-enabled Connection: The ingest process will try to grab all of the billing periods between the current and the last billing period ingested up to 3 years
- Steady State: The ingest process will take the current billing period and sometimes the previous billing period
Updated 10 days ago