The CloudZero API V2 is organized around REST. Our API has predictable resource-oriented URLs, accepts JSON request bodies, returns JSON responses, and uses standard HTTP methods, headers, response codes, and authentication.
Our goal is to delight our customers with a simple and easy to use programmatic experience.
To that end, we strive to meet Werner Vogel’s 6 Principles of API Design
- APIs are Forever
- Never Break Backward Compatibility
- Work Backwards from Customers Use Cases
- Create APIs That are Self Describing and Have a Clear, Specific Purpose
- Create APIs with Explicit and Well-Documented Failure Modes
- Avoid Leaking Implementation Details at All Costs